It Pays To Reserve your Holiday Party Early
When planning a corporate holiday party or a no-fuss gathering of friends, now is the time to reserve your space for your most popular spots.
Consider the Following Tips When Planning Your Holiday Celebration:
1. Sign up for your favorite restaurants’ email newsletters, Facebook, and other social media so that you are aware of their special promotions. Many offer incentives for reserving early.
2. Try booking your event on days other than prime time Friday and Saturday nights; many people get invites to several events on the same dates around the holidays. Book on the less busy days like Monday or Tuesday.
3. Consider hosting a luncheon or brunch instead of an evening event.
4. Have your special requests ready when you are booking.
5. Perhaps you could plan your get together after the holiday rush in January or February.
6. Research restaurants’ policies before you book. Be considerate, and if you must cancel, do so early so another party can have your reservation.
7, Host your gathering at the office or in your home; most restaurateurs offer catering.
8. Confirm and Reconfirm. Call 24 and 48 hours in advance to verify your menu, party size, name, phone number and any special requests. Do the work ahead of time so that you can relax and enjoy your party with your guests.
9. Consider buying Gift Certificates. They make great personal and corporate gifts and often come with added value.